Thursday, October 21, 2010

C'est la Vie

Sad to say, yesterday afternoon didn't go exactly as planned.

It turned out that the French voice in my head is on strike.  Apparently it's quite upset at the French government's plan to raise its retirement age from 60 to 62.  Since I myself have wanted to retire ever since I was 3, I can't really blame it.

Nor can I really blame the Bulgarian voice in my head that was willing to cross the picket line to regale me with old stories of its life under the domination of a Soviet ventriloquist - but after 5 hours of that, I forced myself.

My plan for this afternoon is to lighten the mood considerably by sitting quietly in my room, hitting myself in the head with a board.

Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. You're very funny! I've wanted to retire since childhood also.

    ReplyDelete