Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Third Day!



After an almost flurry-free November and December we now find ourselves suddenly enjoying our first accumulating snowfall of the season:




Not coincidentally, we're also now enjoying our first Animal Tracks In The Snow since last winter:





I guess they're squirrel tracks but even after all these years of half-assed observations I can't be sure. Maybe they're bunny tracks. Or baby raccoon tracks. If this were Iowa I might even guess them to be Newt tracks, but it isn't so I won't.

If YOU know, feel free to enlighten the rest of us.


In other news you won't see on CNN tonight, here's a postcard from 1929 that I recently came across while doing my best to find something else:




More than one Internet site I just checked tells me that "Boldog uj evet!" is Hungarian for "Happy New Year!"

True?

If so, all I can say is that Hungarians seem to celebrate the New Year much differently than I do.

Or maybe 1929 was just a much different time.

Well, unless you belong to the NRA.

Or you think all snowmen without proper immigration papers ought to be sent back into the sky from which they came before they can steal all our jobs and rape our wimmen folk.

It really doesn't matter much to me - I've gotten my sunset fix for the day, so I'm happy.


Jan 3, 2012 - 5:18pm



Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to trying to figure out how I might plausibly threaten to close the Straits of Hormuz if I don't get another decent sunset delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. I suppose you could hint that you have a stockpile of Silkworm missiles, but that seems unwise.

    ReplyDelete