Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yesterday's Visitors



Well, two of them, anyway.




I wonder if they were looking for the bunny?

What they got was my neighbor's dachshund.

I love dachshunds. Even the snotty ones. But I find myself loving this one a whole lot less every time it comes charging into my yard to chase away the wildlife.

There's no fence between my yard and my neighbor's.

Maybe there should be?

There's no polite way to suggest to my neighbor that there should be, is there?

Maybe I should instead suggest to my neighbor that he pay for the therapy my traumatized duck friends need now?

*Sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you lucky duck! (My very first thought upon seeing this quacksome couple that landed in your yard. c:D ) I think running after birds is in the DNA of a lot of dogs...hence 'bird dogs." So, maybe a fence would be a good idea. Or how about planting a hedge on that side? Or you could try blowing a dog whistle, and see if that might disturb the dog enough to make it go away ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could put out some fresh meat laced with Prozac for your little hotdog neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you lucky duck! - at receiving this quacksome couple in your yard. I think running after birds is in the DNA of a lot of dogs...(hence 'bird dogs") So, maybe a fence would be a good idea. Or how about a hedge, just on that side? Good luck getting the neighbor to pay for it, though. Perhaps you could try blowing a dog whistle, and see if that might disturb the dog enough to make it go away?

    ReplyDelete