Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Flock





About once a year a huge flock of starlings descends on my yard without warning. I missed last year's visit (if there was one), but not this year's (which occurred early Monday afternoon).

As usual, I heard these visitors from the sky before I saw them....

Where did they come from?



The flock extended far beyond the confines of this photo.

Much like life itself.

Or so I'm told....



Believe it or not, there are at least 70 starlings in this photo of the smallish area between my house and barn....



Suddenly, without warning, they were gone....

Where are they now?


2 comments:

  1. Your house must be on a migration path, and the previous flock left seed hulls on your roof spelling out "Eat Here!" With such brief stopovers, maybe they're sunning in South America by now! (Or maybe they escaped the confines of their dimension and joined the birds flying off your page at the top! :-)

    I see you still have pumpkins! Ours went south, condition-wise. (The squirrels got 'em.)

    ReplyDelete