Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Biggest Sale Of My Life...



... and I missed it!



The (Toledo) Blade - Friday, Feb 8, 1963



I'm not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but 3027 Cherry was the address of The Big House that I posted pictures of here, here, and here.

Alas, I can't recall what I was doing 48 years ago today, but I'm sure I was doing it within sight of this sale.

If only I had known, maybe I could have toddled over and sucked on the legs of that Mason-Hamlin power grand piano - after discreetly scooting up the stairs to The Tower, of course.

Ah, well.... At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm able to suck on my very own Casio keyboard for as long as I want today!

(And I bet people back in 1963 would have paid big money to see that, too!)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your fate is to travel back in time with your Casio keyboard to 1963 to show it to Robert Moog.

    ReplyDelete