Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Derailing The Gravy Train



I didn't want to do it, but... I finally realized that things weren't going to get better on their own.

Which is to say, skunks will be skunks.

And even though they never, ever sprayed at me, their increasingly raucous nightly competition for food was nonetheless filling my house up with their stench more and more often.

If only they could play nice and learn to share, but nooooooooo.

So now everyone has to pay the price.

Sorry, guys. Maybe we can try again next summer after you've had a year to think about your actions.

In the meantime, I've cleaned up the area under my bird feeders, put down fresh dirt, and seasoned it with black pepper.

You don't like that very much, do you?

Ah, well... life is full of disappointments.

Some of which we bring upon ourselves.

Sorry, sorry, sorry....

But not *too* sorry.




Scenes From Happier Days
(specifically, August 13)













SPECIAL BONUS: Wanna hear what things sounded like in my back yard last night? Go here.

3 comments:

  1. Why I'd know that shock of white hair anywhere... it's Dominique Strauss-Kahn, groveling in the dirt, brought down by a maid!

    I like the night sounds! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shoulda said Dominique Skunk-Kahn. Oh, well! I must've been running on fumes!

    ReplyDelete